Wednesday 6 March 2013

Transferable Skills

I was writing a newsletter for a client today and got onto a topic that was relatively easy to write about, since I do it every day myself, when it occurred to me how many of my skills I use across all my various interests (personal and business).

Have you ever run an audit of your skills? Maybe the last time you applied for a job or wrote a CV? Was that recently?

Two points:
  1. A lot of our skills can be applied to many different areas of our lives and work
  2. We all have a lot more skills and knowledge than we often realise

Really, it's amazing what knowledge and skills we accumulate over the years and take for granted. Even if you can't always find a 'buyer' for those skills (or even want to) maybe you should take the time to appreciate just how many things you know about and are able to do.

You really are amazing!

Roy

No comments: